The month of October is upon us. Leaves are turning vibrant colors, the air is getting cooler, and the nights are getting longer. The time has come.
Welcome, ladies and gentlemammals, to ZNN’s Second Annual Halloween Art Contest!
Last year saw a very lucky winner being awarded a plushie of their art, and this year we’re going even further. It’s gonna be a bona fide costume party!
Instead of having a single contest, this year we will be awarding winners in 4 different categories:
- Cute: Art featuring Zootopia characters in “cute” costumes or situations (silly, crossovers, etc.) Examples: (1) (2) (3)
- Scary: Art featuring Zootopia characters in “scary” costumes or situations (monsters, horror, etc.) Examples: (1) (2) (3)
- Romantic: Art featuring Zootopia characters in romantic situations (this one’s for all you shippers- costume matters less than context here) Examples: (1) (2) (3)
- Colored: For those who are not confident in your artistic abilities, we’ve provided an uncolored image (courtesy of FeverWildeHopps) for you to color, either physically or digitally! Find that after the break.
Winners in each category will receive either a copy of The Art of Zootopia, a Blu-Ray copy of the movie, or a Funko Pop! figure of one character of their choosing. Once we have the winners from each category established, we will hold a second vote to determine which of them is the ultimate winner, who will then receive a custom-made plush!
We will be accepting submissions until October 22nd, and public voting will run from October 23rd until October 30th. Winners will be announced on the 31st! The “best in show” vote to decide the grand prize winner will run from November 1st to November 5th, with the grand prize winner announced on November 6th.
Good luck everyone, and as always, Try Everything!
Check out after the break for detailed rules and the blank image to be used for the coloring section.
- Images must be submitted to [email protected] with the subject “Halloween Contest 2018”. Be sure to state in your email what category you are entering the art in.
- Original pieces are encouraged- don’t just recycle a piece you made last year.
- All art must be Safe For Work, according to our usual guidelines and standards. “Spicy” or “Suggestive” works will be allowed or disqualified on a case-by-case basis.
- You may only submit one piece of artwork per category
- Artist signatures are encouraged, and watermarks are allowed, but they must not be obstructing the characters or costumes.
- All art must be submitted before October 22nd, 2018. Submissions outside of this timeframe will not be included.
Image for Coloring